Manual of Procedure I. Introduction
The purpose of this Manual is to provide a basis for the good order of the Religious Society of Friends within Baltimore Yearly Meeting by describing the following:
- its relations to other Friends’ bodies;
- the committee, officer, or staff person the Yearly Meeting has designated to carry out certain tasks;
- the parameters within which the committee, officer, or staff person should function;
- whether recommendations from the committee, officer, or staff person should ultimately go to Annual Session, to Interim Meeting, or elsewhere; and
- the rationale for the process or method.
Changes that alter the meaning of this manual (substantive changes) are approved by Yearly Meeting in Session as described in article XI of this Manual.
This Manual is designed to assist the Yearly Meeting community to handle matters which are entrusted to it.