Administrative Assistant - Baltimore Yearly Meeting
Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (BYM) is seeking an Administrative Assistant
BYM is a vibrant community of more than 50 local Quaker meetings and worship groups in the mid-Atlantic region with a rich history of worship and social witness. BYM has an array of programs, including: a year-round youth program; a summer camping program which serves approximately 550 campers each year; an equity, diversity and inclusion program; an annual gathering of the Yearly Meeting in early August; and a variety of other programs to support local Meetings, to deepen spiritual community, faith, and practice, and to witness for peace, social justice, and earth care.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing general administrative assistance to BYM staff, local meetings, and committees. For a complete job description, please see below.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Full benefits are included with this position.
BYM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, age, or national origin.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Application review begins 2/5/18.
Baltimore Yearly Meeting
Position Description - Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Associate General Secretary
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Approved By: Supervisory Committee
SUMMARY: The Baltimore Yearly Meeting (BYM) Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for providing general administrative assistance to BYM staff, local meetings, and committees. This position reports to the Associate General Secretary. This is a full-time position.
- Assist Associate General Secretary
- Maintain Yearly Meeting membership databases
- Assist in assembling information and materials for Annual Session and Interim Meetings
- Assist members in registering for BYM programs
- Assist in communications about BYM programs and activities
- Assist the Registrar, staff, and volunteers at Annual Session
- Assist in gathering information, preparation, and distribution of the Yearbook
- Answer the phones and welcome visitors
- Open and distribute mail and process receipts
- Order office supplies
- Maintain office and meeting room calendar
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist Camp Property Manager
- Administer camp property rentals using camping software to track all aspects of camp rentals and follow up with renters to assure proper documents and insurance are filed and payments made in a timely fashion
- Assist with ensuring all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations are met regarding documentation for vehicles that fall under its jurisdiction
- Maintain records for vehicle repairs, annual safety inspections, registration, and insurance
- Maintain records for DOT medical exams for all drivers of vehicles under DOT jurisdiction
- General filing and other duties as assigned
- Assist Camp Program Manager
- Process regulatory submissions, filings, and recordkeeping
- Maintain camp alumni databases
- Support BYM Committees
- Collect and archive BYM committee minutes
- Provide other administrative support as needed
- Assist Other BYM Staff as needed
QUALIFICATIONS: The AA must be able to work with minimal supervision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Competency with Excel, Word, and Outlook software
- Willingness to learn to use fundraising database and camping database software
- Criminal background check
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Full benefits are included with this position. Benefits include: health plan coverage; long-term disability insurance; term-life insurance; eleven paid holidays; annual, personal, medical, maternity/paternity, adoption, and sabbatical leave; retirement contributions.
NON-DISCRIMINATION: BYM, as a spiritual community, seeks to welcome all in participation in programs and applications for employment. BYM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, age, or national origin.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: BYM has a relatively small staff and depends heavily upon volunteers and committee members to accomplish its work. All staff members are expected to work cooperatively with volunteers and committee members. The BYM office building and grounds are smoke, drug, alcohol, and weapon free.